The Proverbs - Chapter 19
The Proverbs Chapters
1 Better the poor living an honest life than the adept at double-talk who is a fool.
3 Folly leads conduct astray, yet it is against Yahweh that the heart rages.
11 Good sense makes for self-control, and for pride in overlooking an offence.
12 Like the roaring of a lion, the anger of a king, but like dew on the grass his favour.
14 From fathers comes inheritance of house and wealth, from Yahweh a wife who is discreet.
16 Keeping the commandment is self-preservation, but whoever despises these ways will die.
18 While there is hope for him, chastise your child, but do not get so angry as to kill him.
20 Listen to advice, accept correction, to be the wiser in the time to come.
21 Many are the plans in the human heart, but the purpose of Yahweh -- that stands firm.
23 The fear of Yahweh leads to life, it brings food and shelter, without fear of evil.
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 7:6-11: 6 For you are a people consecrated to Yahweh your God; of ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8, 10: 1 [Of David] Bless Yahweh, my soul, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:25-30: 25 At that time Jesus exclaimed, 'I bless you, Father, Lord of ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.