The Proverbs - Chapter 19
The Proverbs Chapters
1 Better the poor living an honest life than the adept at double-talk who is a fool.
3 Folly leads conduct astray, yet it is against Yahweh that the heart rages.
11 Good sense makes for self-control, and for pride in overlooking an offence.
12 Like the roaring of a lion, the anger of a king, but like dew on the grass his favour.
14 From fathers comes inheritance of house and wealth, from Yahweh a wife who is discreet.
16 Keeping the commandment is self-preservation, but whoever despises these ways will die.
18 While there is hope for him, chastise your child, but do not get so angry as to kill him.
20 Listen to advice, accept correction, to be the wiser in the time to come.
21 Many are the plans in the human heart, but the purpose of Yahweh -- that stands firm.
23 The fear of Yahweh leads to life, it brings food and shelter, without fear of evil.
Reading 1, Acts 2:42-47: 42 These remained faithful to the teaching of the apostles, to ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24: 2 Let the House of Israel say, 'His ... Gospel, John 20:19-31: 19 In the evening of that same day, the first day of the week, the ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- NYC Catholics accuse Cardinal Dolan for 'playing both sides' as ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Feast of Divine Mercy: Doubting Thomas and the Wounds that Heal Our ...
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Scientists discover hobbits are real, but they're not related to us
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 24th, 2017 HD
- Intro to the Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.