The Proverbs - Chapter 29
The Proverbs Chapters
1 Whoever is stiff-necked under reproof will be suddenly and irremediably broken.
3 The lover of Wisdom makes his father glad, but the patron of prostitutes fritters his wealth away.
6 In the sin of the wicked lies a snare, but the upright exults and rejoices.
7 The upright understands the cause of the weak, the wicked has not the wit to understand it.
12 When a ruler listens to false reports, all his ministers will be scoundrels.
13 Poor and oppressor are found together, Yahweh gives light to the eyes of both.
15 The stick and the reprimand bestow wisdom, a young man left to himself brings shame on his mother.
19 Not by words is a slave corrected: even if he understands, he will take no notice.
21 If a slave is pampered from childhood, he will prove ungrateful in the end.
23 Pride brings humiliation, whoever humbles himself will win honour.
25 To be afraid of human beings is a snare, whoever trusts in Yahweh is secure.
Reading 1, Isaiah 56:1, 6-7: 1 Thus says Yahweh: Make fair judgement your concern, act ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8: 2 Then the earth will acknowledge your ways, ... Gospel, Matthew 15:21-28: 21 Jesus left that place and withdrew to the region of Tyre and ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, August 21, 2017
- St. Pius X: Saint of the Day for Monday, August 21, 2017
- 'IN OUR HEARTS WE BEAR THE PAIN' Pope Francis opens prayers for all ...
- Pro-Life win? Arkansas makes big moves against abortion-machine ...
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Why have ONE MILLION South Sudanese people entered Uganda?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD