The Proverbs - Chapter 27
The Proverbs Chapters
1 Do not congratulate yourself about tomorrow, since you do not know what today will bring forth.
14 Whoever at dawn loudly blesses his neighbour -- it will be reckoned to him as a curse.
15 The dripping of a gutter on a rainy day and a quarrelsome woman are alike;
17 Iron is sharpened by iron, one person is sharpened by contact with another.
18 Whoever tends the fig tree eats its figs, whoever looks after his master will be honoured.
21 A furnace for silver, a foundry for gold: a person is worth what his reputation is worth.
22 Pound a fool in a mortar, among grain with a pestle, his folly will not leave him.
Reading 1, Exodus 32:7-14: 7 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Go down at once, for your people ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:19-20, 21-22, 23: 19 At Horeb they made a calf, bowed low ... Gospel, John 5:31-47: 31 Were I to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Christian student suspended for arguing with Muslim teacher - ...
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 30
- Was Jesus' portrait minted on ancient coins?
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.