The Proverbs - Chapter 6
The Proverbs Chapters
11 and poverty comes like a vagrant and, like a beggar, dearth.
16 There are six things that Yahweh hates, seven that he abhors:
17 a haughty look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
19 a false witness who lies with every breath, and one who sows dissension among brothers.
23 For the precept is a lamp, the teaching is a light; correction and discipline are the way to life,
26 a prostitute can be bought for a hunk of bread, but a married woman aims to snare a precious life.
27 Can a man carry fire inside his shirt without setting his clothes alight?
33 All he will get is blows and contempt, and dishonour never to be blotted out.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Inspiring martyred Oklahoma priest officially beatified
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- Terrifying mass shooting at Nashville church leaves several injured
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD