The Proverbs - Chapter 6
The Proverbs Chapters
11 and poverty comes like a vagrant and, like a beggar, dearth.
16 There are six things that Yahweh hates, seven that he abhors:
17 a haughty look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,
19 a false witness who lies with every breath, and one who sows dissension among brothers.
23 For the precept is a lamp, the teaching is a light; correction and discipline are the way to life,
26 a prostitute can be bought for a hunk of bread, but a married woman aims to snare a precious life.
27 Can a man carry fire inside his shirt without setting his clothes alight?
33 All he will get is blows and contempt, and dishonour never to be blotted out.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 5-7
Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- St. Fabian: Saint of the Day for Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Daily Readings for Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education