The Proverbs - Chapter 17
The Proverbs Chapters
2 A shrewd servant comes off better than an unworthy child, he will share the inheritance with the brothers.
3 A furnace for silver, a foundry for gold, but Yahweh for the testing of hearts!
5 To mock the poor is to insult the Creator, no one who laughs at distress will go unpunished.
6 The crown of the aged is their children's children; the children's glory is their father.
9 Whoever covers an offence promotes love, whoever again raises the matter divides friends.
10 A reproof makes more impression on a person of understanding than a hundred strokes on a fool.
22 A glad heart is excellent medicine, a depressed spirit wastes the bones away.
23 Under cover of his cloak a bad man takes a gift to pervert the course of justice.
24 The intelligent has wisdom there before him, but the eyes of a fool range to the ends of the earth.
27 Whoever can control the tongue knows what knowledge is, someone of understanding keeps a cool temper.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16
Reading 2, Philippians 1:20-24, 27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD