The Proverbs - Chapter 17
The Proverbs Chapters
2 A shrewd servant comes off better than an unworthy child, he will share the inheritance with the brothers.
3 A furnace for silver, a foundry for gold, but Yahweh for the testing of hearts!
5 To mock the poor is to insult the Creator, no one who laughs at distress will go unpunished.
6 The crown of the aged is their children's children; the children's glory is their father.
9 Whoever covers an offence promotes love, whoever again raises the matter divides friends.
10 A reproof makes more impression on a person of understanding than a hundred strokes on a fool.
22 A glad heart is excellent medicine, a depressed spirit wastes the bones away.
23 Under cover of his cloak a bad man takes a gift to pervert the course of justice.
24 The intelligent has wisdom there before him, but the eyes of a fool range to the ends of the earth.
27 Whoever can control the tongue knows what knowledge is, someone of understanding keeps a cool temper.
Reading 1, Exodus 19:1-2, 9-11, 16-20: 1 Three months to the day after leaving Egypt, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Daniel 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56: 53 May you be blessed in the Temple of ... Gospel, Matthew 13:10-17: 10 Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Defrocked pedophile priest, convicted after 'Spotlight' ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- A new coalition for Christian orthodoxy
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD Video
- A victory for Christianity - President Trump bans transgenderism in ...
- St. Pantaleon: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD