The Proverbs - Chapter 10
The Proverbs Chapters
5 Reaping at harvest-time is the mark of the prudent, sleeping at harvest-time is the sign of the worthless.
15 The wealth of the rich is their stronghold, poverty is the undoing of the weak.
16 The wage of the upright affords life, but sin is all the wicked earns.
18 Liars' lips are a cover for hatred, whoever utters slander is a fool.
28 The hope of the upright is joy, the expectations of the wicked come to nothing.
29 The way of Yahweh is a rampart for the honest, for evil-doers nothing but ruin.
31 The mouth of the upright utters wisdom, the tongue that deceives will be cut off.
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:14-15: 14 Zion was saying, 'Yahweh has abandoned me, the Lord has ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 62:2-3, 6-7, 8-9: 2 he alone is my rock, my safety, my ... Gospel, Matthew 6:24-34: 24 'No one can be the slave of two masters: he will either hate ... Reading 2, ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 110-year-old nun shares the secret to a long life
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, February 27, 2017
- St. Leander of Seville: Saint of the Day for Monday, February 27, 2017
- The world loses another Christian actor - Bill Paxton dead at 61
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- 'While high on heroin, I started reading the New Testament' - Amazing ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.