The Proverbs - Chapter 10
The Proverbs Chapters
5 Reaping at harvest-time is the mark of the prudent, sleeping at harvest-time is the sign of the worthless.
15 The wealth of the rich is their stronghold, poverty is the undoing of the weak.
16 The wage of the upright affords life, but sin is all the wicked earns.
18 Liars' lips are a cover for hatred, whoever utters slander is a fool.
28 The hope of the upright is joy, the expectations of the wicked come to nothing.
29 The way of Yahweh is a rampart for the honest, for evil-doers nothing but ruin.
31 The mouth of the upright utters wisdom, the tongue that deceives will be cut off.
Reading 1, Exodus 19:1-2, 9-11, 16-20: 1 Three months to the day after leaving Egypt, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Daniel 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56: 53 May you be blessed in the Temple of ... Gospel, Matthew 13:10-17: 10 Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD