The Proverbs - Chapter 18
The Proverbs Chapters
5 It is not good to show partiality for the wicked and so to deprive the upright when giving judgement.
8 The words of a slanderer are tasty morsels that go right down into the belly.
10 The name of Yahweh is a strong tower; the upright runs to it and is secure.
12 The human heart is haughty until destruction comes, before there can be glory there must be humility.
16 A present will open all doors and win access to the great.
18 The lot puts an end to disputes and decides between men of power.
21 Death and life are in the gift of the tongue, those who indulge it must eat the fruit it yields.
22 He who finds a wife finds happiness, receiving a mark of favour from Yahweh.
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 7:6-11: 6 For you are a people consecrated to Yahweh your God; of ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8, 10: 1 [Of David] Bless Yahweh, my soul, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:25-30: 25 At that time Jesus exclaimed, 'I bless you, Father, Lord of ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.