The Proverbs - Chapter 20
The Proverbs Chapters
4 In autumn the idler does not plough, at harvest time he looks -- nothing there!
5 The resources of the human heart are like deep waters: an understanding person has only to draw on them.
7 The upright whose ways are blameless -- blessed the children who come after!
11 A young man's character appears in what he does, if his behaviour is pure and straight.
12 Ear that hears, eye that sees, Yahweh has made both of these.
13 Do not love sleep or you will know poverty; keep your eyes open and have your fill of food.
20 Whoever curses father or mother will have his lamp put out in the deepest darkness.
21 Property quickly come by at first will not be blessed in the end.
28 Faithful love and loyalty mount guard over the king, his throne is founded on saving justice.
29 The pride of the young is their strength, the ornament of the old, grey hairs.
30 Wounding strokes are good medicine for evil, blows have an effect on the inmost self.
Reading 1, Exodus 3:11-20: 11 Moses said to God, 'Who am I to go to Pharaoh and bring the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:5, 8-9, 24-25, 26-27: 5 Remember the marvels he has done, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30: 28 'Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Pope calls man who lost his legs, but got a miracle
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Cardinal Muller reports Pope Emeritus Benedict is 'disappointed' at ...
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD Video
- Family receives shocking MIRACLE after 9-month-pregnant woman is shot ...
- mother theresa
- st james
- st joan of arc
- advent prayers
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD