The Proverbs - Chapter 24
The Proverbs Chapters
3 By wisdom a house is built, by understanding it is made strong;
4 by knowledge its storerooms are filled with riches of every kind, rare and desirable.
5 The wise is mighty in power, strength is reinforced by science;
7 For a fool wisdom is an inaccessible fortress: at the city gate he does not open his mouth.
10 If you lose heart when things go wrong, your strength is not worth much.
20 for there is no future for the evil, the lamp of the wicked will go out.
25 but those who correct him, come out of it well, on them will come a happy blessing.
26 Whoever returns an honest answer, plants a kiss on the lips.
28 Do not bear witness lightly against your neighbour, nor deceive with your lips.
30 By the idler's field I was passing, by the vineyard of a man who had no sense,
34 and poverty comes like a vagrant, and, like a beggar, dearth.'
Reading 1, Acts 2:42-47: 42 These remained faithful to the teaching of the apostles, to ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24: 2 Let the House of Israel say, 'His ... Gospel, John 20:19-31: 19 In the evening of that same day, the first day of the week, the ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- NYC Catholics accuse Cardinal Dolan for 'playing both sides' as ...
- Scientists discover hobbits are real, but they're not related to us
- Feast of Divine Mercy: Doubting Thomas and the Wounds that Heal Our ...
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 24th, 2017 HD
- Intro to the Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.