The Proverbs - Chapter 25
The Proverbs Chapters
1 Here are some more of Solomon's proverbs, transcribed at the court of Hezekiah king of Judah:
5 from the king's presence remove the wicked and on uprightness his throne is founded.
13 The coolness of snow in harvest time, such is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him: he revives the soul of his master.
16 Eat to your satisfaction what honey you may find, but not to excess or you will bring it up again.
18 A mace, a sword, a piercing arrow, such is anyone who bears false witness against a companion.
19 Decaying tooth, lame foot, such is the fickle when trusted in time of trouble:
25 Cold water to a thirsty throat; such is good news from a distant land.
26 A churned -- up spring, a fountain fouled; such is the upright person trembling before the wicked.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 5-7
Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- St. Fabian: Saint of the Day for Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education