The Proverbs - Chapter 3
The Proverbs Chapters
5 Trust wholeheartedly in Yahweh, put no faith in your own perception;
6 acknowledge him in every course you take, and he will see that your paths are smooth.
7 Do not congratulate yourself on your own wisdom, fear Yahweh and turn your back on evil:
10 then your barns will be filled with corn, your vats overflowing with new wine.
12 for Yahweh reproves those he loves, as a father the child whom he loves.
16 In her right hand is length of days; in her left hand, riches and honour.
18 She is a tree of life for those who hold her fast, those who cling to her live happy lives.
19 In wisdom, Yahweh laid the earth's foundations, in understanding he spread out the heavens.
20 Through his knowledge the depths were cleft open, and the clouds distil the dew.
27 Refuse no kindness to those who have a right to it, if it is in your power to perform it.
28 Do not say to your neighbour, 'Go away! Come another time! I will give it you tomorrow,' if you can do it now.
Reading 1, Sirach 6:5-17: 5 A kindly turn of speech attracts new friends, a courteous ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:12, 16, 18, 27, 34, 35: 12 Blessed are you, Yahweh, teach ... Gospel, Mark 10:1-12: 1 After leaving there, he came into the territory of Judaea and ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Christians warn against witches 'binding spell' of U.S. President ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- 92-year-old woman blessed with gift to help newborns
- St. Tarasius: Saint of the Day for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Your Daily Inspirational Meme: Thank you, Lord, for always being ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.