The Proverbs - Chapter 31
The Proverbs Chapters
4 Not for kings, O Lemuel, not for kings the drinking of wine, not for princes the love of liquor,
5 for fear that in liquor they forget what they have decreed and pervert the course of justice against all the poor.
9 make your views heard, pronounce an upright verdict, defend the cause of the poor and the wretched.
10 The truly capable woman -- who can find her? She is far beyond the price of pearls.
11 Her husband's heart has confidence in her, from her he will derive no little profit.
16 She sets her mind on a field, then she buys it; with what her hands have earned she plants a vineyard.
25 She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the day to come.
27 She keeps good watch on the conduct of her household, no bread of idleness for her.
28 Her children stand up and proclaim her blessed, her husband, too, sings her praises:
Reading 1, Isaiah 65:17-21: 17 For look, I am going to create new heavens and a new earth, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11-13: 2 Yahweh, my God, I cried to you for help ... Gospel, John 4:43-54: 43 When the two days were over Jesus left for Galilee.44 He himself ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Rupert: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 27, 2017
- Epic! Astronomers catch a radical black hole surfing a gravitational ...
- Paul Ryan you're FIRED! Speaker Ryan's failure to repeal Obamacare ...
- How dangerous are the effects of pornography? Science weighs in
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
How to Pray the Rosary
The Rosary is a Scripture-based prayer to help us remember the ... @ $0.00
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.