The Proverbs - Chapter 31
The Proverbs Chapters
4 Not for kings, O Lemuel, not for kings the drinking of wine, not for princes the love of liquor,
5 for fear that in liquor they forget what they have decreed and pervert the course of justice against all the poor.
9 make your views heard, pronounce an upright verdict, defend the cause of the poor and the wretched.
10 The truly capable woman -- who can find her? She is far beyond the price of pearls.
11 Her husband's heart has confidence in her, from her he will derive no little profit.
16 She sets her mind on a field, then she buys it; with what her hands have earned she plants a vineyard.
25 She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the day to come.
27 She keeps good watch on the conduct of her household, no bread of idleness for her.
28 Her children stand up and proclaim her blessed, her husband, too, sings her praises:
Reading 1, Exodus 19:1-2, 9-11, 16-20: 1 Three months to the day after leaving Egypt, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Daniel 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56: 53 May you be blessed in the Temple of ... Gospel, Matthew 13:10-17: 10 Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD