The Proverbs - Chapter 26
The Proverbs Chapters
2 As the sparrow escapes, and the swallow flies away, so the undeserved curse will never hit its mark.
6 He wounds himself, he takes violence for his drink, who sends a message by a fool.
8 As well tie the stone to the sling as pay honour to a fool.
22 The words of a slanderer are tasty morsels that go right down into the belly.
28 The lying tongue hates its victims, the wheedling mouth causes ruin.
Reading 1, Jeremiah 7:23-28: 23 My one command to them was this: Listen to my voice, then ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9: 1 Come, let us cry out with joy to Yahweh, ... Gospel, Luke 11:14-23: 14 He was driving out a devil and it was dumb; and it happened that ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Pope Francis defends millennials, but warns them about too much ...
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.