FREE Catholic Classes
The name of ten persons of the Bible , variant in both Hebrew and Greek of Old Testament and in Greek of New Testament ; uniform in Vulgate. The meaning of the name is "gift of Jah", or "of Jahweh" (cf. Theódoros ). In the Hebrew, the first four of these persons are called Mattith Jah ( mtthyh ).
(3) M ATHATHIAS ( Septuagint Matthathías ), a Levite of Corite stock and eldest son of Sellum; he had charge of the frying of cakes for the temple-worship ( 1 Chronicles 9:31 ).
(4) M ATHATHIAS ( Septuagint Mattathías ), a Levite, one of Asaph's musicians before the ark ( 1 Chronicles 16:5 ).
(5) M ATHATHIAS ( 1 Chronicles 15:18, 21 ; 25:3, 21 ; Hebrew Mththyhw ; A. Mattathías in first three, Matthías in last; B. Immatathía in first, Mettathías in second, Mattathías in last two), a Levite of the sons of Idithun, one of the musicians who played and sung before the ark on its entrance into Jerusalem, later the leader of the fourteenth group of musicians of King David.
(7) M ATHATHIAS ( 1 Maccabees 11:70 ), the son of Absalom and a captain in the army of Jonathan the Machabee; together with Judas the son of Calphi, he alone stood by Jonathan's side till the tide of battle turned in the plain of Asor.
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Dec 7th, 2022
The Apostles' Creed
Female / Women Saints
Saints & Angels
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Daily Readings for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- St. Romaric: Saint of the Day for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- Prayer of the Immaculate Conception: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- St. Maria Giuseppe Rossello: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Prayer for Refugees and Victims of War: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.