FREE Catholic Classes
A Hebrew word signifying:
- ruin, destruction ( Job 31:12 );
- place of destruction; the Abyss, realm of the dead ( Job 26:6 ; Proverbs 15:11 );
- it occurs personified ( Apocalypse 9:11 ) as Abaddon and is rendered in Greek by Apollyon , denoting the angel-prince of hell, the minister of death and author of havoc on earth. The Vulgate renders the Greek Apollyon by the Latin Exterminans (that is, "Destroyer"). The identity of Abaddon with Asmodeus, the demon of impurity, has been asserted, but not proved.
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
St. Juan Diego
Saint of the Day for Friday, Dec 9th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Female / Women Saints
Saints & Angels
The Apostles' Creed
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 10, 2022
- Pope Saint Gregory III: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 10, 2022
- Act of Love: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, December 10, 2022
- Daily Readings for Friday, December 09, 2022
- St. Juan Diego: Saint of the Day for Friday, December 09, 2022
- Prayer of Solace: Prayer of the Day for Friday, December 09, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.