FREE Catholic Classes
Chiefly known for his catechetical and devotional works, b. at Naples, 1621; d. in Rome, 17 October, 1706. He entered the Society of Jesus, in Rome, in 1637. He was professor of moral theology, and rector of the colleges of Montepulciano, Macerata, and Ancona, and also Consultor of the Inquisition of the Rome, where he died. He wrote
- "Il Catechismo annuale". It was adapted to the use of parish priests, and contained explanations of the Gospels for every Sunday of the year. It went through three editions.
- A week's devotion to St. Joseph , for the Bona Mors Sodality .
- Four treatises on the "Exercises of St. Ignatius", chiefly with regard to election.
- A Raccolta of meditations for a tridium and a retreat of ten days.
- Sermons for Lent and Advent.
Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.