FREE Catholic Classes
(1) The priest of Nobe who extended hospitality to David during his flight from the court of Saul. For this he was put to death, together with all the priests of Nobe, except Abiathar, his son, who escaped and joined David ( 1 Samuel 21-22 ).
(2) A Hethite, companion of the outlawed David ( 1 Samuel 26:6 ).
(3) There is an Achimelech spoken of ( 2 Samuel 8:17 , and 1 Chronicles 18:16; 24:3, 6, 31 ), as a "son of Abiathar" and an associate of Sadoc in the priesthood. As this position is usually attributed to "Abiathar, son of Achimelech" it is thought that the reading "Achimelech, son of Abiathar" is due to an accidental transposition of the text of Kings, and that this transposition has affected the text of Paralipomenon.
(4) Name given to Achis, King of Geth, in the title of Psalm 33 . Some texts have Abimelech .
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Mysteries of the Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 12th, 2021
St. John of Sahagun
Prayer of the Day for Saturday, June 12
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
7 Morning Prayers you need to get your day started with God
St. Anthony of Padua
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- The Apostles' Creed
- Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- The Angelus
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.