Job - Chapter 34
5 Job has been saying, 'I am upright and God denies me fair judgement.
9 Did he not say, 'No one derives any benefit from enjoying the society of God'?
12 Be sure of it: God never does wrong, Shaddai does not pervert what is just.
13 Did someone else entrust the world to his care was he given charge of the universe by someone else?
32 although I have sinned, instruct me; although I did wrong, I will not do it again,'
Reading 1, Acts 6:1-7: 1 About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:1-2, 4-5, 18-19: 1 Shout for joy, you upright; praise comes ... Gospel, John 6:16-21: 16 That evening the disciples went down to the shore of the sea17 ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Catherine of Siena: We Need Saints for this Missionary Age
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Deacon Keith Fournier: Road to Emmaus - Jesus Walks with Us on the ...
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Enter Into Intimate Communion with Christ: It's the Only Way to Live
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.