Job - Chapter 32
3 and he was equally angry with the three friends for giving up the argument and thus putting God in the wrong.
4 While they and Job were talking, Elihu had waited, because they were older than he was;
5 but when he saw that the three men had not another word to say in answer, his anger burst out.
7 I thought, 'Age ought to speak, advancing years will convey wisdom.'
12 I paid very close attention; and I see that none of you has confounded Job, not one of you has refuted what he says.
18 For I am full of words and forced to speak by a spirit within me;
Reading 1, Sirach 44:1, 10-15: 1 Next let us praise illustrious men, our ancestors in ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 132:11, 13-14, 17-18: 11 Yahweh has sworn to David, and will ... Gospel, Matthew 13:16-17: 16 'But blessed are your eyes because they see, your ears ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- A victory for Christianity - President Trump bans transgenderism in ...
- A new coalition for Christian orthodoxy
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- St. Pantaleon: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Defrocked pedophile priest, convicted after 'Spotlight' ...
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD