Job - Chapter 2
2 So Yahweh said to Satan, 'Where have you been?' 'Prowling about on earth,' he answered, 'roaming around there.'
3 So Yahweh asked him, 'Did you pay any attention to my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth: a sound and honest man who fears God and shuns evil. He persists in his integrity still; you achieved nothing by provoking me to ruin him.'
5 But stretch out your hand and lay a finger on his bone and flesh; I warrant you, he will curse you to your face.'
6 'Very well,' Yahweh said to Satan, 'he is in your power. But spare his life.'
9 Then his wife said to him, 'Why persist in this integrity of yours? Curse God and die.'
11 The news of all the disasters that had fallen on Job came to the ears of three of his friends. Each of them set out from home -- Eliphaz of Teman, Bildad of Shuah and Zophar of Naamath -- and by common consent they decided to go and offer him sympathy and consolation.
13 They sat there on the ground beside him for seven days and seven nights. To Job they spoke never a word, for they saw how much he was suffering.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 100:2, 3, 4, 5
Gospel, Luke 8:4-15
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD