Job - Chapter 40
1 Still speaking to Job, Yahweh said:
6 Yahweh gave Job his answer from the heart of the tempest. He said:
9 Has your arm the strength of God's, can your voice thunder as loud?
11 Let the fury of your anger burst forth, humble the haughty at a glance!
13 Bury the lot of them in the ground, shut them, every one, in the Dungeon.
14 And I shall be the first to pay you homage, since your own right hand is strong enough to save you.
16 but what strength he has in his loins, what power in his stomach muscles!
23 If the river overflows, he does not worry: Jordan might come up to his mouth, but he would not care.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19
Gospel, Luke 11:29-32
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Six great meatless soup recipes for Lent
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 22, 2018
- St. Margaret of Cortona: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 22, 2018
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD Video
- Lenten fish recipes: Economical and delicious!
- America's pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 HD
- Cleaning products could be damaging to your health HD
- St. Patrick HD
- Deadly Flu Season: Vaccine only 36 percent effective during worst season in years HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education