Job - Chapter 40
1 Still speaking to Job, Yahweh said:
6 Yahweh gave Job his answer from the heart of the tempest. He said:
9 Has your arm the strength of God's, can your voice thunder as loud?
11 Let the fury of your anger burst forth, humble the haughty at a glance!
13 Bury the lot of them in the ground, shut them, every one, in the Dungeon.
14 And I shall be the first to pay you homage, since your own right hand is strong enough to save you.
16 but what strength he has in his loins, what power in his stomach muscles!
23 If the river overflows, he does not worry: Jordan might come up to his mouth, but he would not care.
Reading 1, Exodus 20:1-17: 1 Then God spoke all these words. He said,2 'I am Yahweh your ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 11: 8 The precepts of Yahweh are honest, joy for ... Gospel, Matthew 13:18-23: 18 'So pay attention to the parable of the sower.19 When anyone ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD