Job - Chapter 20
3 I have put up with prating that outrages me and now my mind inspires me with an answer.
4 Do you not know, that since time began and human beings were set on the earth,
9 The eye accustomed to see him sees him no more, his home will never set eyes on him again.
15 Now he has to vomit up the wealth that he has swallowed, God makes him disgorge it.
17 No more will he know the streams of oil or the torrents of honey and cream.
18 When he gives back his winnings, his cheerfulness will fade, and the satisfied air he had when business was thriving.
21 since nothing could escape his greed, his prosperity will not last.
23 On him God looses all his burning wrath, hurling against his flesh a hail of arrows.
24 If he escapes the weapons of iron, the bow of bronze will transfix him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD