Job - Chapter 31
6 Let him weigh me on accurate scales: then he, God, will recognise my integrity!
11 For I would have committed a sin of lust, a crime punishable by the law,
14 what shall I do, when God stands up? What shall I say, when he holds his assize?
15 Did he not create them in the womb like me, the same God forming us in the womb?
18 I, whom God has fostered father-like from childhood, and guided since I left my mother's womb,
20 without his having cause to bless me from his heart, as he felt the warmth of the fleece from my lambs?
23 For the terror of God would fall on me and I could not then stand my ground before his majesty.
24 Have I put my faith in gold, saying to fine gold, 'Ah, my security'?
31 The people of my tent, did they not say, 'Will anyone name a person whom he has not filled with meat?'
33 Have I ever concealed my transgression from others or kept my fault a secret in my breast?
Reading 1, Isaiah 7:10-14: 10 Yahweh spoke to Ahaz again and said:11 Ask Yahweh your God ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 40:7-8, 8-9, 10, 11: 7 then I said, 'Here I am, I am coming.' ... Gospel, Luke 1:26-38: 26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- Daily Readings for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- St. Margaret Clitherow: Saint of the Day for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.