Job - Chapter 9
19 Shall I try force? Look how strong he is! Or go to court? But who will summon him?
21 But am I innocent? I am no longer sure, and life itself I despise!
31 you will only plunge me into the dung, till my clothes themselves recoil from me!
Reading 1, Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12: 1 He brought me back to the entrance of the Temple, where a ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 46:2-3, 5-6, 8-9: 2 so we shall not be afraid though the earth ... Gospel, John 5:1-3, 5-16: 1 After this there was a Jewish festival, and Jesus went up to ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Mo Brooks submits no-nonsense bill to repeal Obamacare
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD Video
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Tesla Model 3 may fall short of forecasts, but it will still change ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.