Job - Chapter 21
4 Is my complaint just about a fellow-mortal? I have good grounds to be perturbed!
9 The peace of their houses has nothing to fear, the rod that God wields is not for them.
11 They let their infants frisk like lambs, their children dance like deer.
13 They end their lives in happiness and go down in peace to Sheol.
16 Surely they have won their own prosperity, since God is kept so far from their plans?
17 Do we often see the light of the wicked put out, or disaster overtake him, or the retribution of God destroy his possessions,
19 So God is storing up punishment for his children? But the wicked himself should be punished, and should know it!
22 But who can teach wisdom to God, to him who is judge of those on high?
24 thighs padded with fat and the marrow in the bones good and moist.
Reading 1, Exodus 32:7-14: 7 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Go down at once, for your people ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:19-20, 21-22, 23: 19 At Horeb they made a calf, bowed low ... Gospel, John 5:31-47: 31 Were I to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis shares important message with families HD Video
- St. Benjamin: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 31, 2017
- The one strange thing millennials are giving up for Lent
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 31, 2017
- IHOP employee pictured with disabled customer melts hearts around the ...
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 31
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.