Job - Chapter 21
4 Is my complaint just about a fellow-mortal? I have good grounds to be perturbed!
9 The peace of their houses has nothing to fear, the rod that God wields is not for them.
11 They let their infants frisk like lambs, their children dance like deer.
13 They end their lives in happiness and go down in peace to Sheol.
16 Surely they have won their own prosperity, since God is kept so far from their plans?
17 Do we often see the light of the wicked put out, or disaster overtake him, or the retribution of God destroy his possessions,
19 So God is storing up punishment for his children? But the wicked himself should be punished, and should know it!
22 But who can teach wisdom to God, to him who is judge of those on high?
24 thighs padded with fat and the marrow in the bones good and moist.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 128:1-2, 3, 4-5
Gospel, Matthew 25:14-30
Reading 2, First Thessalonians 5:1-6
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, November 20, 2017
- Do you know what the Church really says about Nuclear War?
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Edmund Rich: Saint of the Day for Monday, November 20, 2017
- The Remarkable Story of an Underground Priest Living in China
- 'DEFEND the Pope!'
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Catholics are sharing Christ's compassion. HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
- Did Pope Francis blast 'perverse attitude' of climate change deniers? HD
- Scientists warn: The end of life as we know it is near HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way