Job - Chapter 30
1 And now I am the laughing-stock of people who are younger than I am and whose parents I would have disdained to put with the dogs guarding my flock.
2 And what use to me was the strength of their hands? - enfeebled as they were,
6 they made their homes in the sides of ravines, in holes in the earth or in clefts of rock.
11 And since God has loosened my bow-string and afflicted me, they too throw off the bridle in my presence.
15 Terror rounds on me, my confidence is dispersed as though by the wind, my hope of safety vanishes like a cloud.
16 And now the life in me trickles away, days of grief have gripped me.
24 Yet have I ever laid a hand on the poor when they cried out for justice in calamity?
25 Have I not wept for those whose life is hard, felt pity for the penniless?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:53, 61, 134, 150, 155, 158
Gospel, Luke 18:35-43
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis on the poor and paradise
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Atheist plans to build a Robot God for other Atheists to worship HD Video
- St. Gelasius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Loras College announces new business school
- Irish priest: Christians should stop saying 'Christmas' and 'Easter'
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD
- Catholics are sharing Christ's compassion. HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
Daily Reading for Monday November 20, 2017
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way