Job - Chapter 10
1 Since I have lost all taste for life, I shall give free rein to my complaining; I shall let my embittered soul speak out.
3 Is it right for you to attack me, in contempt for what you yourself have made, thus abetting the schemes of the wicked?
8 Your hands having shaped and created me, now you change your mind and mean to destroy me!
13 Yet, all the while, you had a secret plan: I know that you were biding your time
14 to see if I should sin and then not acquit me of my faults.
20 The days of my life are few enough: turn your eyes away, leave me a little joy,
Reading 1, Acts 5:17-26: 17 Then the high priest intervened with all his supporters from ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, John 3:16-21: 16 For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis surprises with TED Talk appearance and powerful message ...
- Wait, what? Did Pope Francis just buy a private beach? Yes he did, ...
- The Saint Pio Foundation to Honor Hon. Rick and Karen Santorum and ...
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Has the Trump administration betrayed the Little Sisters of the Poor?
- Daily Readings for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Day 6 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths are underreported HD
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.