Job - Chapter 15
3 Or make a defence with ineffectual words and speeches good for nothing?
6 Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; your own lips bear witness against you.
7 Are you the first-born of the human race, brought into the world before the hills?
9 What knowledge do you have that we have not, what understanding that is not ours too?
10 One of us is an old, grey-headed man loaded with more years than your father!
14 How can anyone be pure, anyone born of woman be upright?
20 The life of the wicked is unceasing torment, the years allotted to the tyrant are numbered.
31 Let him not trust in his great height or delusion will be his.
33 Like the vine, he will shake off his unripe fruit, like the olive tree, shed his blossom.
Reading 1, Exodus 20:1-17: 1 Then God spoke all these words. He said,2 'I am Yahweh your ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 11: 8 The precepts of Yahweh are honest, joy for ... Gospel, Matthew 13:18-23: 18 'So pay attention to the parable of the sower.19 When anyone ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD