Job - Chapter 22
4 Do you think he is punishing you for your piety and bringing you to justice for that?
8 handed the land over to a strong man, for some favoured person to move in,
12 Does not God live high in the heavens, does he not see the zenith of the stars?
13 And because he is up there, you have said, 'What does God know? Can he judge through the dark cloud?
15 And will you still follow the ancient trail trodden by the wicked,
18 Yet he himself had filled their houses with good things, although excluded from the plans of the wicked!
24 if you lay your gold down on the dust, Ophir down among the pebbles of the torrent,
25 Shaddai will be bars of gold to you and silver piled in heaps.
29 for he casts down the pride of the arrogant, but he saves those of downcast eyes.
30 He rescues anyone who is innocent; have your hands clean, and you will be saved.
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 11:1-11: 1 I wish you would put up with a little foolishness ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 111:1-2, 3-4, 7-8: 1 Alleluia! I give thanks to Yahweh with all ... Gospel, Matthew 6:7-15: 7 'In your prayers do not babble as the gentiles do, for they ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.