Job - Chapter 22
4 Do you think he is punishing you for your piety and bringing you to justice for that?
8 handed the land over to a strong man, for some favoured person to move in,
12 Does not God live high in the heavens, does he not see the zenith of the stars?
13 And because he is up there, you have said, 'What does God know? Can he judge through the dark cloud?
15 And will you still follow the ancient trail trodden by the wicked,
18 Yet he himself had filled their houses with good things, although excluded from the plans of the wicked!
24 if you lay your gold down on the dust, Ophir down among the pebbles of the torrent,
25 Shaddai will be bars of gold to you and silver piled in heaps.
29 for he casts down the pride of the arrogant, but he saves those of downcast eyes.
30 He rescues anyone who is innocent; have your hands clean, and you will be saved.
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 34:1-12: 1 Then, leaving the Plains of Moab, Moses went up Mount ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 66:1-3, 5, 8, 16-17: 1 [For the choirmaster Song Psalm] Acclaim ... Gospel, Matthew 18:15-20: 15 'If your brother does something wrong, go and have it out ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD Video
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 HD