Help Now >
Giles de Coninck
FREE Catholic Classes
(Also called Regius).
Jesuit theologian, b. 20 Dec., 1571, at Bailleul in French Flanders ; d. 31 May, 1633, at Louvain. At the age of twenty-one he entered the Society of Jesus . During his course of studies at Louvain he had Lessius among his professors, and became the worthy successor of his illustrious teacher in the chair of scholastic theology, which he held for eighteen years. St. Alphonsus considers Coninck a moral theologian of distinction. Though de Lugo impugned his views on many questions, he is acknowledged to have rendered considerable services to moral theology. His style is concise, clear, and direct: on several points his writings are exhaustive. Coninck's principal works are:
- "Commentariorum ac disputationum in universam doctrinam D. Thomæ", etc. (Antwerp, 1616; enlarged and revised 1619, 1624; Lyons 1619, 1624, 1625, 1643; Rouen, 1630. The last edition was among the Jesuit works condemned to be torn and burnt by an act of parliament of Rouen, 12 Feb., 1762).
- "De Moralitate, naturâ et effectibus actuum supernaturalium". etc. (Antwerp, 1623; Lyons, 1623; Paris, 1624. The author is said to have left very ample additions intended to appear in the subsequent editions of the work. Father Müllendorff assures his readers that this treatise may be recommended to the theologians even of today).
- "Responsio ad dissertationem impugnantem absolutionem moribundi sensibus destituti", etc. (Antwerp, 1625):
- Disputationes theolgicæ" (Antwerp, 1645, published posthumously, though finished twelve years before the author's death).
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Friday, Nov 26th, 2021
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Saints & Angels
Saints A to Z: A
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
St. John Berchmans
Thirty Day Prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary - In Honour of the Sacred Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Apostles' Creed
- Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Thirty Day Prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary - In Honour of the Sacred Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Apostles' Creed
- Prayer to the Holy Spirit
- Santa Misa Resumen de respuestas y textos para participar
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.