Philip O'Sullivan Beare
FREE Catholic Classes
Born in Ireland, c. 1590; died in Spain, 1660, son of Dermot O'Sullivan and nephew of Donal O'Sullivan Beare, Lord of Dunboy. He was sent to Spain in 1602, and was educated at Compostella by Vendamma, a Spaniards, and Father Synnott, an Irish Jesuit. He served in the Spanish army. In 1621 he published his "Catholic History of Ireland", a work not always reliable, but valuable for the Irish wars of the author's own day. He also wrote a "Life of St. Patrick", a confutation of Gerald Barry and a reply to Usher's attack on his "History".
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saints & Angels
Saints Fun Facts
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, Dec 6th, 2022
Female / Women Saints
Mysteries of the Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint Feast Days in Dec
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- St. Maria Giuseppe Rossello: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Prayer for Refugees and Victims of War: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
- St. Nicholas: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
- Everything has its Time: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.