Help Now >
FREE Catholic Classes
A priest of the Congregation of the Oratory, born 2 November, 1714; died 30 December, 1779. He became a member of the Congregation of the Oratory at a very early age and devoted himself to the study of theology, Greek, and Hebrew, the Holy Scripture , chronology, sacred and profane history, antiquities, criticism, diplomacy, and liturgy, and was held in much esteem for his great and wide learning. Amongst his contemporaries he was regarded as an oracle upon many subjects, and is looked upon as one of the most celebrated theologians of his order. Of the many works he wrote, the principal are:
- Riflessioni sù di un libro di G. Febronio (Lucca, 1766);
- Critica contro le opere del pericoloso Voltaire (Brescia, 1770);
- Dissertazione spora i Martiri della Chiesa cattolica (Brescia, 1765) 2 vols.;
- Méditations sur la vie et les écrits du P. Sarpi (1765).
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saints & Angels
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Monday, Nov 28th, 2022
St. Catherine Laboure
St. Andrew the Apostle
The Apostles' Creed
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- St. Saturninus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- Psalm 31 (the Second Penitential Psalm): Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- Daily Readings for Monday, November 28, 2022
- St. Catherine Laboure: Saint of the Day for Monday, November 28, 2022
- The Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen): Prayer of the Day for Monday, November 28, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.