Help Now >
FREE Catholic Classes
A priest of the Congregation of the Oratory, born 2 November, 1714; died 30 December, 1779. He became a member of the Congregation of the Oratory at a very early age and devoted himself to the study of theology, Greek, and Hebrew, the Holy Scripture , chronology, sacred and profane history, antiquities, criticism, diplomacy, and liturgy, and was held in much esteem for his great and wide learning. Amongst his contemporaries he was regarded as an oracle upon many subjects, and is looked upon as one of the most celebrated theologians of his order. Of the many works he wrote, the principal are:
- Riflessioni sù di un libro di G. Febronio (Lucca, 1766);
- Critica contro le opere del pericoloso Voltaire (Brescia, 1770);
- Dissertazione spora i Martiri della Chiesa cattolica (Brescia, 1765) 2 vols.;
- Méditations sur la vie et les écrits du P. Sarpi (1765).
Help Now >
- Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Apostles' Creed
- Prayer to the Holy Spirit
- Saint Prayers
- Act of Contrition
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.