2 Chronicles - Chapter 15
2 Chronicles Chapters
2 he went out to meet Asa and said, 'Listen to me, Asa, and all you in Judah and in Benjamin: Yahweh will be with you so long as you are with him. If you seek him, he will let you find him; but if you desert him, he will desert you.
4 but when in their distress they turned to Yahweh, God of Israel, and sought him, he let them find him.
6 nation being crushed by nation and city by city, since God caused confusion among them by every kind of distress.
7 So be strong, do not be discouraged, for your deeds will be rewarded.'
8 When Asa heard these words and the prophecy, he took courage and removed the abominable idols throughout the land of Judah and Benjamin as well as from the towns which he had captured in the highlands of Ephraim, and repaired the altar of Yahweh which stood in front of the portico of Yahweh.
9 He summoned all Judah and Benjamin as well as those Ephraimites, Manassehites and Simeonites who had settled with them -- for a great many people from Israel had gone over to Asa when they saw that Yahweh his God was with him.
10 They assembled in Jerusalem in the third month of the fifteenth year of Asa's reign,
11 that day sacrificing to Yahweh seven hundred oxen and seven thousand sheep from the booty which they had brought back.
12 They then made a covenant to seek Yahweh, God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul;
14 They pledged their oath to Yahweh in ringing tones, with shouts of joy, to the sound of trumpet and horn;
15 all Judah rejoiced over the oath, for they had sworn it wholeheartedly, and sought him so earnestly that he allowed them to find him; Yahweh gave them peace all round.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:20, 21-22, 25-26
Gospel, Mark 3:22-30
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Income inequality - Here's why world poverty and hunger remain a ...
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education