2 Chronicles - Chapter 27
2 Chronicles Chapters
1 Jotham was twenty-five years old when he came to the throne and he reigned for sixteen years in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Jerushah daughter of Zadok.
2 He did what Yahweh regards as right, just as his father Uzziah had done. Only he did not enter Yahweh's sanctuary. But the people continued to do wrong.
5 He also went to war against the king of the Ammonites and defeated them; and the Ammonites had to give him a hundred talents of silver, ten thousand kor of wheat and ten thousand of barley that year. And the Ammonites paid him the same amount, the second and third years afterwords.
6 Jotham became powerful because he kept an unswerving course before Yahweh his God.
7 The rest of the history of Jotham, all his wars and his policy, are recorded in the Book of the Kings of Israel and Judah.
8 He was twenty-five years old when he came to the throne and he reigned for sixteen years in Jerusalem.
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 34:1-12: 1 Then, leaving the Plains of Moab, Moses went up Mount ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 66:1-3, 5, 8, 16-17: 1 [For the choirmaster Song Psalm] Acclaim ... Gospel, Matthew 18:15-20: 15 'If your brother does something wrong, go and have it out ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD