2 Chronicles - Chapter 4
2 Chronicles Chapters
6 He made ten basins, putting five on the right and five on the left, for washing in; the things to be offered as burnt offerings were to be rinsed in these, but the Sea was for the priests to wash in.
7 He made the ten golden lamp-stands according to the pattern and placed them in the Hekal, five on the right and five on the left.
8 He made ten tables which he set up in the Hekal, five on the right and five on the left. He also made a hundred golden sprinkling bowls.
17 The King made them by the process of sand casting, in the plain of the Jordan between Succoth and Zeredah.
18 There was such an enormous quantity of them that the weight of the bronze could not be calculated.
19 Solomon made all the objects designed for the Temple of God, as well as the golden altar and the tables for the loaves of permanent offering;
22 the snuffers, the sprinkling bowls, incense ladles and the pans, of real gold; and the entrance to the Temple, the inner doors (for the Holy of Holies) and the doors of the Temple itself, that is of the Hekal, were also made of gold.
Reading 1, Joshua 24:1-13: 1 Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel together at Shechem; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 136:1-3, 16-18, 21-22, 24: 1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh ... Gospel, Matthew 19:3-12: 3 Some Pharisees approached him, and to put him to the test they ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- St. Helena: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Sen. Bob Corker joins ranks of seditious who want to overthrow a ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- st. cecilia
- st. paul
- feast days
- Saint Cecilia
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD