Help Now >
Long Hair - Angel Stories
By: Crystal Denney
Location: Neah Bay WA USA
My mother unexpectedly passed away when my sisters and I were in our teens-I was 19 and my twin sisters were 15. Our dad hadn't been around for quite some time, leaving before his divorce to my mom was final. We are from a tribe in WA state, and in our culture, to show you are in mourning, the women cut their hair very short.
At the time, I was in the process of growing my hair out for my wedding, which was to take place the following year. My sisters and I were gathered in my living room, absorbing the tragic events of the day, when one of my sisters asked me "Sister, are you going to cut your hair now?"
I looked wistfully at my beautiful long brown locks, thinking about my mama...
As a young girl, she kept my hair long, very very long. In fact, I had begged her for months at the age of 7 to cut my hair. >br>
Finally, after much thought, I told my sisters "No, I don't think I will. Mama loved my hair long. I'll keep it that way, for awhile at least."
At the same moment those words came out of my mouth, I felt an amazing sense of peace overcome me. I felt an overwhelming warmth that started at the top of my head and traveled clear to the tips of my toes. It felt as if I had literally walked into a ray of sunshine. I had chills without coldness, and my arm hairs were standing on end.
I am utterly convinced that my mama was telling me that it was OK either way....but I still kept my hair long until just recently!
What is Ash Wednesday?
Speakin' with the Deacons
Live Wednesday Feb. 14th @ 10am PDT
Join US LIVE on YouTube
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 323
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- Timothy, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- Visit from an Angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- Touched by an Angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- Mother's Encounter with Angels, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- Angel sent by God, by Ellaine Manansala
- I feel a very nice and strong Perfume for some Seconds, by Stella Nkhonya
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- Miracle Baby, by Rene Schneider
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet