It's Mother Calling - Angel Stories
By: John Nichols
Location: Scottsdale AZ USA
On Saturday, September 30, 2000 I attended a retreat dedicated to the blessed Mother. During one of our small group sharings some one asked me how did my return to Catholicism begin - after I had been away for so long. I closed my eyes and remembered what had occurred.
On December 8, 1980 I was sitting in my office in Fort Belvoir, Virginia doing some legal work. I was an Army lawyer at the time. I heard a voice say: "John, do you know what today is? It is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I want you to go to church today."
I looked up from what I was doing and looked around. There was no one in my office. I thought to myself: "Who said that?" I had the impression that someone was playing games with me. I called the General's secretary down the hall. I knew that she was Catholic. I asked her what day today was. She replied: "Tuesday, silly." - or something like that.
"Maggie, I know that. Is today a holy day?"
"Yes," she replied. "It is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception."
I was stunned. "Are they having mass today at the Post Chapel? I asked her.
"Yup - in 15 minutes."
She explained to me how to get there and I left immediately. I went into the chapel and found a seat near the front. As I sat down I could feel my mother sitting next to me. I didn't see her but I am certain that she was there. She then said to me: "I want you to go to mass from now on."
I answered silently in my head: "Yes, Mother."
Then she was gone. What makes this story more remarkable is that my Mother had died on January 17, 1980, about 11 months previously. She had always been very concerned for my soul and was very devoted to the Blessed Mother. For example she had taken me to First Saturday mass, dedicated to the Blessed Mother, for years!
I am very grateful to her for this miracle but I owe her for so many other things too. When I had met Kaye, the woman that I married on June 7, 1980 (only months after my mother died), my mother had told me that Kaye was "the one." I had introduced my mother to many other women previously and she had always turned them down. I had begun to believe that she would never approve of anyone. My mother was as right as rain. My marriage to Kaye has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. We get along extremely well. She has brought me peace, joy, and security that I had never known in the previous 39 years of my life.
Why do Kaye and I get along so well? Neither one of us can figure it out. Both of us had failed in other relationships, but there was something unique about our togetherness. We had been given a great gift - from God! We didn't deserve it. We didn't earn it. We could never have expected it! As I tend to see our lives we have many failings and weaknesses but our personalities tend to compliment each other.
These two incidents mark the beginning of my resurrection from the dead. My resurrection is still in process. In 1980 I found myself returning to church after many years away from the Faith. My faith has grown from a tiny spark then to a small campfire now. The process of my conversion remains a work in progress.
I am deeply grateful for the Mercy of Jesus Christ and for the intercession of my Mother and the Blessed Mother for these miracles. I can see my mother pleading with Mary to be allowed to try to save her son, me! Mary listened in her warm loving way and then turned to her son, Jesus. Like at the wedding feast at Cana she pointed out that without my mother's intervention that I would most likely end up in hell. Jesus thought about this a moment, considered the state of my soul, consulted His Father to determine His will, and then gave my mother permission to visit me personally.
Thank you, Dearest Jesus. Thank you, Dearest Father. Thank you, Dearest Blessed Mother. Thank you, Mom. Thank you Dearest Holy Spirit for your continued light and leadership.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 323
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- Timothy, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- Visit from an Angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
Help Now >
- Touched by an Angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- Mother's Encounter with Angels, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- Angel sent by God, by Ellaine Manansala
- I feel a very nice and strong Perfume for some Seconds, by Stella Nkhonya
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- Miracle Baby, by Rene Schneider
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
St. Faustina Kowalska
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Oct 4th, 2023
St. Francis of Assisi
Female / Women Saints
7 Morning Prayers you need to get your day started with God
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 10, 2023
- Pope Saint Gregory III: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 10, 2023
- Act of Love: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, December 10, 2023
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 09, 2023
- St. Juan Diego: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 09, 2023
- Prayer of Solace: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, December 09, 2023
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Help Now >
Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.