FREE Catholic Classes
A Portuguese exegete and preacher, born at Lisbon in 1543; died at Coimbra in 1615. In 1558 he entered the Society of Jesus . He was professor of scripture for many years at Coimbra and Evora and preached with such zeal that he was styled the Apostle of Portugal. He published two works:
- "Commentaria in concordiam et historiam evangelicam" (4 vols., Coimbra, 1599-1611). This work, which is a treasure house for preachers on the Gospels, was freqently reprinted in Germany, Italy, and France. The last edition was printed at Sugsburg, 1642.
- "Itinererarium filiorum Israel ex Aegypto in terram repromissis" (Lyons, 1620). It is a useful commentary on the Book of Exodus .
CONFIRMED: Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna attended Mass before fatal crash - Celebrity
St. Thomas Aquinas
Kobe Bryant - a soul transformed by the Catholic faith - Celebrity
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, Jan 28th, 2020
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saints A to Z: A
Female / Women Saints
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, Jan 28
- Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- A Student's Prayer (by St. Thomas Aquinas)
- Morning Prayer
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Act of Contrition
- The Apostles' Creed
- Hail Mary
Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.