1 Samuel - Chapter 5
1 Samuel Chapters
1 When the Philistines had captured the ark of God, they took it from Ebenezer to Ashdod.
3 When the people of Ashdod got up the following morning and went to the temple of Dagon, there lay Dagon face down on the ground before the ark of Yahweh. They picked Dagon up and put him back in his place.
4 But when they got up on the following morning, there lay Dagon face down on the ground before the ark of Yahweh, and Dagon's head and two hands lay severed on the threshold; only the trunk of Dagon was left in its place.
8 So they summoned all the Philistine chiefs to them, and said, 'What shall we do with the ark of the God of Israel?' They decided, 'The ark of the God of Israel shall be taken away to Gath.' So they took the ark of the God of Israel to Gath.
9 But after they had taken it there, Yahweh oppressed that town and a great panic broke out; afflicting the people of the town from highest to lowest, he brought them out in tumours too.
11 They summoned all the Philistine chiefs and said, 'Send the ark of the God of Israel away; let it go back to where it belongs and not kill me and my people' -- for there was mortal panic throughout the town; God was oppressing them.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Is Pope Francis a heretic? Formal letter of correction made public
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Church tricked into hosting satanic fashion show
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD