1 Samuel - Chapter 30
1 Samuel Chapters
1 Now by the time David and his men reached Ziklag three days later, the Amalekites had raided the Negeb and Ziklag; they had sacked Ziklag and burnt it down.
5 David's two wives had been captured: Ahinoam of Jezreel and Abigail widow of Nabal of Carmel.
13 David then said to him, 'Whose man are you and where do you come from?' He replied, 'I am a young Egyptian, the slave of an Amalekite; my master abandoned me because I fell sick three days ago.
14 We raided the Negeb of the Cherethites, and the Negeb of Judah, and the Negeb of Caleb too, and we burnt Ziklag down.'
16 He guided him to them, and there they were, scattered over the whole countryside, eating, drinking and celebrating, on account of the enormous booty which they had brought back from the territory of the Philistines and the territory of Judah.
21 When David reached the two hundred men who had been too exhausted to follow him and whom he had left at the torrent of Besor, they came out to meet David and the party accompanying him; David approached with his party and greeted them.
22 But all the rogues and scoundrels among the men who had gone with David began saying, 'Since they did not go with us, we shall not give them any of the booty which we have rescued, except that each of them can have his wife and children. Let them take them away and be off.'
23 But David said, 'Do not behave like this, brothers, with what Yahweh has given us; he has protected us and has handed over to us the raiders who attacked us.
31 to those in Hebron and to all the places which David and his men had frequented.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Income inequality - Here's why world poverty and hunger remain a ...
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD Video
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education