Luke - Chapter 2
2 This census -- the first -- took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria,
6 Now it happened that, while they were there, the time came for her to have her child,
10 but the angel said, 'Do not be afraid. Look, I bring you news of great joy, a joy to be shared by the whole people.
11 Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
14 Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace for those he favours.
20 And the shepherds went back glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, just as they had been told.
21 When the eighth day came and the child was to be circumcised, they gave him the name Jesus, the name the angel had given him before his conception.
24 and also to offer in sacrifice, in accordance with what is prescribed in the Law of the Lord, a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons.
34 Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, 'Look, he is destined for the fall and for the rise of many in Israel, destined to be a sign that is opposed-
36 There was a prophetess, too, Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was well on in years. Her days of girlhood over, she had been married for seven years
45 When they failed to find him they went back to Jerusalem looking for him everywhere.
51 He went down with them then and came to Nazareth and lived under their authority. His mother stored up all these things in her heart.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 5-7
Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- St. Agnes: Saint of the Day for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Daily Readings for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- pictures of saints
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- st nicholas
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education