Luke - Chapter 21
1 Looking up, he saw rich people putting their offerings into the treasury;
2 and he noticed a poverty-stricken widow putting in two small coins,
3 and he said, 'I tell you truly, this poor widow has put in more than any of them;
4 for these have all put in money they could spare, but she in her poverty has put in all she had to live on.'
9 And when you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be terrified, for this is something that must happen first, but the end will not come at once.'
10 Then he said to them, 'Nation will fight against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
13 -and that will be your opportunity to bear witness.
17 You will be hated universally on account of my name,
18 but not a hair of your head will be lost.
19 Your perseverance will win you your lives.
24 'For great misery will descend on the land and retribution on this people. They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive to every gentile country; and Jerusalem will be trampled down by the gentiles until their time is complete.
25 'There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars; on earth nations in agony, bewildered by the turmoil of the ocean and its waves;
31 So with you when you see these things happening: know that the kingdom of God is near.
35 like a trap. For it will come down on all those living on the face of the earth.
36 Stay awake, praying at all times for the strength to survive all that is going to happen, and to hold your ground before the Son of man.'
37 All day long he would be in the Temple teaching, but would spend the night in the open on the hill called the Mount of Olives.
38 And from early morning the people thronged to him in the Temple to listen to him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 17:1, 5-6, 8, 15
Gospel, Luke 19:11-28
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Bl. Miguel Pro: Saint of the Day for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Priest: Adoration has made Juarez safer
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- Will the Big One hit California in 2018? A new study suggests it is ...
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media makes a shocking claim HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way