Luke - Chapter 19
1 He entered Jericho and was going through the town
2 and suddenly a man whose name was Zacchaeus made his appearance; he was one of the senior tax collectors and a wealthy man.
3 He kept trying to see which Jesus was, but he was too short and could not see him for the crowd;
4 so he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree to catch a glimpse of Jesus who was to pass that way.
5 When Jesus reached the spot he looked up and spoke to him, 'Zacchaeus, come down. Hurry, because I am to stay at your house today.'
10 for the Son of man has come to seek out and save what was lost.'
12 Accordingly he said, 'A man of noble birth went to a distant country to be appointed king and then return.
17 He replied, "Well done, my good servant! Since you have proved yourself trustworthy in a very small thing, you shall have the government of ten cities."
24 And he said to those standing by, "Take the pound from him and give it to the man who has ten pounds."
30 'Go to the village opposite, and as you enter it you will find a tethered colt that no one has ever yet ridden. Untie it and bring it here.
37 and now, as he was approaching the downward slope of the Mount of Olives, the whole group of disciples joyfully began to praise God at the top of their voices for all the miracles they had seen.
39 Some Pharisees in the crowd said to him, 'Master, reprove your disciples,'
40 but he answered, 'I tell you, if these keep silence, the stones will cry out.'
45 Then he went into the Temple and began driving out those who were busy trading, saying to them,
46 'According to scripture, my house shall be a house of prayer but you have turned it into a bandits' den.'
47 He taught in the Temple every day. The chief priests and the scribes, in company with the leading citizens, tried to do away with him,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 50:1-2, 5-6, 14-15
Gospel, Luke 9:41-44
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Andrew Dung Lac: Saint of the Day for Friday, November 24, 2017
- Pope Francis to meet with Rev. Barber to discuss fight agianst poverty
- Deacon Keith Fournier on Thanksgiving Day and the Need to Return to God
- Daily Readings for Friday, November 24, 2017
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media makes a shocking claim HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way