Luke - Chapter 20
3 In reply he said to them, 'And I will ask you a question, just one. Tell me:
5 And they debated this way among themselves, 'If we say heavenly, he will retort, "Why did you refuse to believe him?";
9 And he went on to tell the people this parable, 'A man planted a vineyard and leased it to tenants, and went abroad for a long while.
14 But when the tenants saw him they put their heads together saying, "This is the heir, let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours."
15 So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. 'Now what will the owner of the vineyard do to them?
16 He will come and make an end of these tenants and give the vineyard to others.' Hearing this they said, 'God forbid!'
19 And the scribes and the chief priests would have liked to lay hands on him that very moment, because they realised that this parable was aimed at them, but they were afraid of the people.
20 So they awaited their opportunity and sent agents to pose as upright men, and to catch him out in something he might say and so enable them to hand him over to the jurisdiction and authority of the governor.
21 They put to him this question, 'Master, we know that you say and teach what is right; you favour no one, but teach the way of God in all honesty.
25 He said to them, 'Well then, pay Caesar what belongs to Caesar -- and God what belongs to God.'
27 Some Sadducees -- those who argue that there is no resurrection -- approached him and they put this question to him,
32 Finally the woman herself died.
33 Now, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be, since she had been married to all seven?'
34 Jesus replied, 'The children of this world take wives and husbands,
39 Some scribes then spoke up. They said, 'Well put, Master.'
41 He then said to them, 'How can people maintain that the Christ is son of David?
46 'Beware of the scribes who like to walk about in long robes and love to be greeted respectfully in the market squares, to take the front seats in the synagogues and the places of honour at banquets,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 100:2, 3, 4, 5
Gospel, Luke 8:4-15
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Padre Pio: Saint of the Day for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Readings for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD