Matthew - Chapter 10
2 These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon who is known as Peter, and his brother Andrew; James the son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them as follows: 'Do not make your way to gentile territory, and do not enter any Samaritan town;
7 And as you go, proclaim that the kingdom of Heaven is close at hand.
10 with no haversack for the journey or spare tunic or footwear or a staff, for the labourer deserves his keep.
23 If they persecute you in one town, take refuge in the next; and if they persecute you in that, take refuge in another. In truth I tell you, you will not have gone the round of the towns of Israel before the Son of man comes.
24 'Disciple is not superior to teacher, nor slave to master.
25 It is enough for disciple to grow to be like teacher, and slave like master. If they have called the master of the house "Beelzebul", how much more the members of his household?
28 'Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; fear him rather who can destroy both body and soul in hell.
32 'So if anyone declares himself for me in the presence of human beings, I will declare myself for him in the presence of my Father in heaven.
33 But the one who disowns me in the presence of human beings, I will disown in the presence of my Father in heaven.
36 a person's enemies will be the members of his own household.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Third Mega-quake in three weeks suggests 2018 will be a bad year for ...
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 25th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Is God sending a warning? Third megaquake in the year suggests 2018 ...
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 HD
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education