Matthew - Chapter 20
1 'Now the kingdom of Heaven is like a landowner going out at daybreak to hire workers for his vineyard.
4 and said to them, "You go to my vineyard too and I will give you a fair wage."
15 Have I no right to do what I like with my own? Why should you be envious because I am generous?"
16 Thus the last will be first, and the first, last.'
21 and he said to her, 'What is it you want?' She said to him, 'Promise that these two sons of mine may sit one at your right hand and the other at your left in your kingdom.'
23 He said to them, 'Very well; you shall drink my cup, but as for seats at my right hand and my left, these are not mine to grant; they belong to those to whom they have been allotted by my Father.'
29 As they left Jericho a large crowd followed him.
30 And now there were two blind men sitting at the side of the road. When they heard that it was Jesus who was passing by, they shouted, 'Lord! Have pity on us, son of David.'
Reading 1, Sirach 44:1, 10-15: 1 Next let us praise illustrious men, our ancestors in ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 132:11, 13-14, 17-18: 11 Yahweh has sworn to David, and will ... Gospel, Matthew 13:16-17: 16 'But blessed are your eyes because they see, your ears ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Chinese government says it will keep a firm grip on Catholic Church
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD Video
- One year later, is Fr. Jacques Hamel a saint?
- Sts. Joachim and Anne: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Do you have what it takes to become a Catholic celebrity?
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD