Matthew - Chapter 6
1 'Be careful not to parade your uprightness in public to attract attention; otherwise you will lose all reward from your Father in heaven.
2 So when you give alms, do not have it trumpeted before you; this is what the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets to win human admiration. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward.
3 But when you give alms, your left hand must not know what your right is doing;
5 'And when you pray, do not imitate the hypocrites: they love to say their prayers standing up in the synagogues and at the street corners for people to see them. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward.
10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven those who are in debt to us.
13 And do not put us to the test, but save us from the Evil One.
14 'Yes, if you forgive others their failings, your heavenly Father will forgive you yours;
15 but if you do not forgive others, your Father will not forgive your failings either.
16 'When you are fasting, do not put on a gloomy look as the hypocrites do: they go about looking unsightly to let people know they are fasting. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward.
21 For wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be too.
22 'The lamp of the body is the eye. It follows that if your eye is clear, your whole body will be filled with light.
29 yet I assure you that not even Solomon in all his royal robes was clothed like one of these.
32 It is the gentiles who set their hearts on all these things. Your heavenly Father knows you need them all.
33 Set your hearts on his kingdom first, and on God's saving justice, and all these other things will be given you as well.
34 So do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 56:2-3, 9-10, 10-12, 13-14
Gospel, Mark 3:7-12
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Jobless claims historic low! - Why workers are getting raises this ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, January 19, 2018
- St. Fillan: Saint of the Day for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Pope Francis: Faith is an adventure!
- Why are the youth leaving the Church?
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 19th, 2018 HD
- North and South Korea agree to march together at the Olympics with first ever joint team HD
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become more severe HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way