Matthew - Chapter 22
1 Jesus began to speak to them in parables once again,
2 'The kingdom of Heaven may be compared to a king who gave a feast for his son's wedding.
4 Next he sent some more servants with the words, "Tell those who have been invited: Look, my banquet is all prepared, my oxen and fattened cattle have been slaughtered, everything is ready. Come to the wedding."
10 So these servants went out onto the roads and collected together everyone they could find, bad and good alike; and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 When the king came in to look at the guests he noticed one man who was not wearing a wedding garment,
12 and said to him, "How did you get in here, my friend, without a wedding garment?" And the man was silent.
13 Then the king said to the attendants, "Bind him hand and foot and throw him into the darkness outside, where there will be weeping and grinding of teeth."
15 Then the Pharisees went away to work out between them how to trap him in what he said.
16 And they sent their disciples to him, together with some Herodians, to say, 'Master, we know that you are an honest man and teach the way of God in all honesty, and that you are not afraid of anyone, because human rank means nothing to you.
18 But Jesus was aware of their malice and replied, 'You hypocrites! Why are you putting me to the test?
21 They replied, 'Caesar's.' Then he said to them, 'Very well, pay Caesar what belongs to Caesar -- and God what belongs to God.'
23 That day some Sadducees -- who deny that there is a resurrection -- approached him and they put this question to him,
27 and then last of all the woman herself died.
28 Now at the resurrection, whose wife among the seven will she be, since she had been married to them all?'
30 For at the resurrection men and women do not marry; no, they are like the angels in heaven.
31 And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you never read what God himself said to you:
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Is God sending a warning? Third megaquake in the year suggests 2018 ...
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Third Mega-quake in three weeks suggests 2018 will be a bad year for ...
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 25th, 2018 HD Video
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 HD
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education