Matthew - Chapter 7
1 'Do not judge, and you will not be judged;
5 Hypocrite! Take the log out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother's eye.
8 Everyone who asks receives; everyone who searches finds; everyone who knocks will have the door opened.
12 'So always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that is the Law and the Prophets.
16 You will be able to tell them by their fruits. Can people pick grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
17 In the same way, a sound tree produces good fruit but a rotten tree bad fruit.
18 A sound tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor a rotten tree bear good fruit.
19 Any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown on the fire.
20 I repeat, you will be able to tell them by their fruits.
22 When the day comes many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?"
23 Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, all evil doers!
Reading 1, Exodus 3:11-20: 11 Moses said to God, 'Who am I to go to Pharaoh and bring the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:5, 8-9, 24-25, 26-27: 5 Remember the marvels he has done, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30: 28 'Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Gruesome case of mass child abuse reveals 547 boys victimized at ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Two Catholic priests kidnapped after violent attack by 10 assailants
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- President Trump is working hard compared to his predecessors, so why ...
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD Video
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 HD
- The ONE BIG reason why healthcare reform always fails HD