Matthew - Chapter 24
1 Jesus left the Temple, and as he was going away his disciples came up to draw his attention to the Temple buildings.
3 And while he was sitting on the Mount of Olives the disciples came and asked him when they were by themselves, 'Tell us, when is this going to happen, and what sign will there be of your coming and of the end of the world?'
4 And Jesus answered them, 'Take care that no one deceives you,
12 and with the increase of lawlessness, love in most people will grow cold;
13 but anyone who stands firm to the end will be saved.
17 if anyone is on the housetop, he must not come down to collect his belongings from the house;
20 Pray that you will not have to make your escape in winter or on a Sabbath.
24 for false Christs and false prophets will arise and provide great signs and portents, enough to deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
28 Wherever the corpse is, that is where the vultures will gather.
30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven; then, too, all the peoples of the earth will beat their breasts; and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
33 So with you when you see all these things: know that he is near, right at the gates.
36 But as for that day and hour, nobody knows it, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, no one but the Father alone.
43 You may be quite sure of this, that if the householder had known at what time of the night the burglar would come, he would have stayed awake and would not have allowed anyone to break through the wall of his house.
44 Therefore, you too must stand ready because the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
50 his master will come on a day he does not expect and at an hour he does not know.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 96:1, 3, 4-5, 7-8, 9-10
Gospel, Matthew 22:15-21
Reading 2, First Thessalonians 1:1-5
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- EVIL EXPORT: American-inspired assisted suicide legislation advances ...
- Pope Francis speaks about putting God first and reality
- President Trump to release Kennedy assassination files - will the ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, October 23, 2017
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- St. John of Capistrano: Saint of the Day for Monday, October 23, 2017
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way